- Jake Owen’s Social Network Secrets
- HANK WILLIAMS JR. SONG “ANGELS ARE HARD TO FIND” FEATURED IN GEORGE CLOONEY & SANDRA BULLOCK MOVIE GRAVITY
- Florida Georgia Line to Cruise Into the Sturgis Buffalo Chip
- Dolly Parton Announces New Zealand Concert To ‘Blue Smoke World Tour’
- Chris Young’s Flight Plan for A.M.
- Taylor Swift Sees Red and Stays Country
- Blake Shelton’s Ten Times Crazier Tour Kicks Off Tomorrow, July 19 Featuring Special Guests Easton Corbin and Jana Kramer
- BILLY RAY CYRUS’ LATEST CD NOW AVAILABLE AT BUFFETS, INC. RESTAURANTS
- Country Music Artist Brantley Gilbert Humbled by First USO Tour
- THE ROYS Ready To Bring Signature Sound To European Audiences
- BMI PRESENTS TOBY KEITH WITH BMI ‘MILLION-AIR’ AWARDS
- Bluegrass, Bows & Bold Guitars
- The Mavericks – Built to Last
- Mountain Dew® And Brantley Gilbert Bring Rebel Country To The DEW Nation
Like Us On Facebook
Tag Archives: Ricky Skaggs
Two legendary music headliners bring their acts to The Blue Gate Theater in Shipshewana May 4 and 5. Fourteen-time Grammy winner Ricky Skaggs, and 6-time Country Group of the Year Sawyer Brown will light up the Shipshewana stage. Fourteen-time Grammy winner Ricky Skaggs opens this blockbuster weekend lineup with a 6 p.m. show on Friday, May 4. On Saturday, the high-energy band Sawyer Brown will light up the Shipshewana theater with its crowd-pleasing show, also beginning at 6 p.m. At 21, the Kentucky-born Skaggs was already considered a master musician, and he continues to do his part to lead the recent roots revival in music. The diverse and masterful tones made by the gifted Skaggs come from a life dedicated to playing music that is both fed by the soul and felt by the heart. Skaggs received his first mandolin at the age of five. By age seven, Skaggs had made his Grand Ole Opry debut and performed with bluegrass legends Flatt & Scruggs on their popular syndicated television show, for which he earned his first paycheck for a musical performance.
Nashville, TN (June 13, 2011) – Grammy-award winner Ricky Skaggs will take the stage with the Boston Pops in Boston, Massachusetts on June 25th and 26th. The Pops, commonly referred to as “America’s Orchestra,” will join Skaggs and his band, Kentucky Thunder, performing many of Skaggs’ country and bluegrass hits as part of his 2011 Treasure Chest Tour. Led by conductor Keith Lockhart, the orchestra has popularized light, classical music through their performances at the Symphony Hall and the PBS series, “Evening at Pops.” This is not the first time the classical orchestra music has paired up with #1 bluegrass hits; Skaggs and the Pops received rave reviews after they performed together back in 2005. Skaggs will continue on his highly anticipated Treasure Chest Tour throughout the remainder of 2011. The tour brings together Ricky’s passion and talent in country, bluegrass and gospel music. Following the shows with the Boston Pops, Skaggs will perform at the historic Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee on June 30th. For more information on Ricky Skaggs, including a list of upcoming tour dates, visit www.rickyskaggs.com.